Thursday, November 6, 2014

Trekkers Return!

So, yesterday Evie and I decided to do some more shopping. We picked up some handknit wool mittens and a few household items. Then we decided to have lunch at the Kathmandu Guesthouse. This is where the trekkers would be arriving the next day. As we sat at lunch, along came Sr. Becky and her friends. They had returned that morning!
So I called up to Matt's room to tell him I was downstairs at lunch. Since I have laryngitis he didn't recognize my voice and thought it was a prank call. I had to tell him my middle name before he believed me. Anyway, he joined us for lunch and then we walked around Thamel and looked at the many shops there. It was a great afternoon.
Tonight, we are joining the trekking group for their final banquet.


Sister LaDonna Olson, M.A.
Deaconess Community of the ELCA

Photos: yes there is a KFC in Kathmandu but they serve rice instead of potatoes and according to Evie, the chicken is nothing like the USA colonel's.

The Kathmandu Guesthouse is a beautiful hotel. Evie is waiting for our lunch to arrive.

Matt shopping for made in Nepal hooded jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment