Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Mount Everest -- no we didn't climb it!

Took the Mountain flight on Buddha Air this morning at 7am. It was amazing to fly along the Himalaya's and finally a view of Everest! We were allowed one by one to walk up to the cockpit and see the mountains with a wider view than our windows. I really loved seeing the "foot hills" although in Minnesota standards these were also mountains. Seeing them clothed with the clouds was so beautiful!
I was back to our apartment by 9:30 and Evie and I enjoyed breakfast together. Then we took a taxi to the Jawalakhel Handicraft Center (formerly known as the Tibetan refugee camp). We saw women weaving the absolutely stunning rugs. They have a pattern to follow and can quickly change colors. We went into the spinning room where the lamb's wool was spun into yarn to be died.
Of course we had to visit the showroom and purchase some rugs to bring home.
Stopped for lunch on the way home. Then back to our apartment for a hot shower and some rest. Last night I helped the girls with their math homework. I didn't realize how rusty my math had become! I don't know if they will want my help tonight or not.

Sister LaDonna Olson, M.A.
Deaconess Community of the ELCA

No comments:

Post a Comment